More Random Information

Monday, May 3, 2010

Oven and Paintdrops Blog

Oven
24 X 24
Acrylic

Hi Everyone!  Ok, I think I'm done with Oven.  I can't say I'm all that happy with it, but I figured that would happen sometimes with this random word experiment.  I like areas of it, but overall it just isn't working for me.  

Oven - Close Up

I'm not usually too hung up on things being perfect, it's a bit lopsided even for me. This one is a bit bigger then what I've been doing lately, and though I like working flat, I think an easel would have helped.  Not that I have space for an easel, but that's another issue entirely.

Ok, to help redeem this post a bit, I'll send you off to another blog: Paintdrops Are Falling On My Pants is a blog by another Toronto artist Jaqui Michells.  She's recently started her blog and also to dabble in abstract.   Go check out what she's up to.

2 comments:

  1. This painting appeals to the knitter in me. I'd love to knit socks of a yarn that's like the lighter part - white with shlubs of colour, appearing at random. It'd be beautiful. Maybe a pair of mitts in yarn like the next layer in. The centre leaves me sorta meh, but the other two make my hands itch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny.... cause I like the outer layer and in the inner one. Though I think the inner one belongs in another painting entirely.

    I never thought of it, but you're right it does kinda look like variegated yarn, which I also have a soft spot for. I love the way it's random and patterns appear and disappear in the blanket or whatever (I've never made sox!). But it's getting too hot to pull out the crochet hook, that'll have to wait till next fall.

    ReplyDelete