More Random Information

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grand Opening!!!

Welcome to my weekly-ish painting blog!



I called this one Winter Exuberance, because I figured some colour would counteract the winter blahs. So I had some fun playing with line and colour; and I think it did the trick. Here's a close up...



A while ago I came up with the idea of using a random word generator to help with ideas (hey, writers use them, so I figured why not painters!).  The plan is to get a handful of words every month or so, and see what direction they send me in.  And I’m sure I’ll post other random creations here too. 

I found an awesome random word generator at Coyote Cult

So, let’s see, for this month I’ve got
  1. skyrocket
  2. won't
  3. cud
  4. suspend
  5. protract

Hmm, maybe I can do something with those.





5 comments:

  1. Do I want to see suspended cud?

    And that is very, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the colour combination of Winter Exuberance because it seems to represent the unusual winter that we have been experiencing.

    Is David interested in a young or old suspended cud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour and texture in this.

    p.s. cud?? Seriously??? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys are seriously fascinated by cud.

    ReplyDelete