More Random Information

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Religious and April's Random Words

Religious
11 X 14
Acrylic

Ok, I didn't plan this for Easter, but the timing just worked out this way.

This piece really evolved from where it started.  I've driven past a church a few times lately that has one of those lit up red crosses.  When you drive past it at night or twilight, it's quite striking, especially since the surroundings are rather empty.

So, I started with a bold geometric red cross, but it just wasn't working.  So I let the painting sit for a few weeks while I was distracted by shows and whatnot, and then fought with it until I wrestled it into submission.  This is what I ended up with.


Ok, time for another batch of words!  Let's see what Coyote Cult has for me today.

  1. doctrinal
  2. oven
  3. two-time
  4. COLA
  5. irritable

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! I wasn't sure this one was going to get done in time!

    ReplyDelete