More Random Information

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Evolution of "Colourful Grid"

As I mentioned I was fighting with "grid". So I've ended up with a few versions kicking around.  Most have gotten painted over, but I think this one ended up working out.... I wasn't too impressed with it at the beginning.  It was fun and colourful, but that's about it.  

Colourful Grid - Part 1
12 X 24

I liked some of the more subtle squares where the paint was all scraped off, so I figured, what the heck... and took the palette knife out and went nuts.
Colourful Grid - Part 2

But it still wasn't doing it for me, so I coloured outside the lines a bit, and now I think I like it! 
Colourful Grid - Part 3

It's weird,  some pieces I work on and it's obvious when I'm done.  But there are other times, I have no idea if the painting is finished or if I should keep working on it.  I'm thinking this one is done now, but I'm gonna let it sit around for a bit just to make sure.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It went from "fucking around with paint" to "oooh... Ahrt".

    Still, love the metallic grid best.

    ReplyDelete