More Random Information

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baud & May Show Details


Baud
Acrylic and Collage 
11 X 14

I was looking forward to this one as soon as I saw it come up in the random word list.

As I said I am a bit of a geek, and I had visions of circuit boards, old telephone modems and binary streaming in my head.  I prettied up the colours and made it a bit more girlie then your typical trip into the land of geek. 

I also started to distress it, and I loved the way the paper would soak up the colours.  It's evolved into something up a bit apocalyptic looking. I think I like it better this way.


Baud - Close Up

The Don Valley Art Club updated the show detail.  The opening reception is April 30th, and the show is the first two weekends in May.  Check out their site for the details, or I've also got a new Show Information section, you'll see the link over on the right.  Hope to see you there! 


4 comments:

  1. DST has started and me wee brain has nutthin' in it in terms of fancy-pants art interpretation, so" I like it! I like the colours, the distressed, the antiquity look. It's interesting - think I could look at that for a while and come away with thoughts.

    I'm really excited about the show, too - it's in the book!

    p.s. "a bit" of a geek? Suuuure....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    Yeah, I know. I'm a geek. I've even had a geek day, defragmenting hard drives and everything... seemed appropriate.

    Glad you like it! I was really itching for some of the old dot matrix paper with the little holes down the sides, but in the end I don't think it needed it.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice Janet. I like how you softened the whole thing and layered the components...it makes it almost feel somehow organic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of it as organic, but for it to age and decay like that it would have to be organic!

    I love hearing everyone's take on these. It's fascinating which ones people respond to, and what they pull out of them.

    ReplyDelete