More Random Information

Sunday, March 28, 2010

George Brown Show is coming together

The theme of the George Brown show is "From Portraiture to Abstraction", so I decided to stretch myself a bit and do some portraits.  I don't do too many, so I thought it would be a fun challenge.

Water
Acrylic
12 X 16

Since they wanted some works from class, I submitted Water, which was part of a series from the Abstract painting class I took a few terms ago.  We had to do the four elements in portrait, so I thought it would be perfect.


Elizabetta
Acrylic
12 X 16

Sorry for the glare on this one (Guess you'll just have to come down and see it in person to get the full effect!).   I'm sure there is a way to edit that out, but I'll have to figure that out another day.  I finally my new mac set up (yippee!), and I'm still learning how to do things the mac way... I know it's supposed to be intuitive, but all the years using PC's has trained me to to things their way.  

And the last one that's in the show you've seen before, but I thought I'd post him again, all nice an cropped.
Intense
Acrylic
12 X 16

I dropped by the studio yesterday, and all the works are hung, just the finishing touches to be added.  If you can't make the opening on April 16th, feel free to drop by the studio in April and see all the different works.  
  • Opening Reception Friday, April 16 April 9, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
  • Location: 207 Adelaide St E, Toronto, ON   It's at Adelaide just east of Jarvis; look up and you'll see the George Brown banner above the door.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jazzed about your exhibit - plan to stalk you/the paintings relentlessly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm all excited too! (can ya tell?!??)

    ReplyDelete